The day started when I woke up at 4:00 AM. I met the group I was hunting with in Fitzpatrick, AL around 5:00 AM.
We got the dogs ready, putting their protective collars and vests on, and loaded up the 4-wheelers.
Something was missing that I was used to though. A gun.
We only hunted with dogs and knives.
You feel a whole lot more extreme when you hunt with a knife. The dogs would hold the hog down by the throat, someone would hold the back legs, and someone stuck the knife behind the hog's shoulder, into the heart.
The first hog we got (the one I killed), ran into a swamp. The water was knee deep, and it wouldn't surprise me if a moccasin was near by. Or an alligator, if they're around there. The last hog we got that morning ran into a briar patch from Hades. We all walked about 2 miles by the end of the hunt, but it felt like 5.
It was a challenge, and I can't wait to go and do it all again!
Here's some pictures from the hunt! (all on Facebook)



No comments:
Post a Comment