Costa Rica was an eye opening experience. To see people have little, and be so happy, makes you think about how spoiled we really are. God worked in incredible ways in the village and with our team. Many memories were made that I'll always remember. I'm thankful for the opportunity to have served. And thank you everyone who helped me go there! Here are some pictures from the trip!
Saying goodbye to America!
Travelin' to Paso Canoas, Costa Rica!
How we slept in Paso Canoas. ENO hammocks became the official hammock of Costa Rica.
The trek up the mountain! If it weren't for the horses carrying the girls' backpacks, we wouldn't have made it up as quick as we did! 1 hour & 41 minutes!
When we got to the village, the kids started playing with us immediately! Here's Jenna & Jacob playing jump rope & Kaitlyn talking to the kids.
Oh the bathrooms... A smell I'll never forget.
A panoramic view of how we slept in the village. We all strung up our hammocks in the house & church.
The kids learned the story of Jonah & the whale, "went fishing" & caught Skittles, & colored pictures of the whale.
Having fun with balloons
panoramic view of the school room
Painting the girls' nails! They loved it!
We washed the women's feet & painted their toenails. They never get pampered, so it was nice to be able to love on them.
Never thought I'd be playing guitar in Costa Rica! We sang Amazing Grace & Our God (in English). Even though they had no idea what we were saying, the pastor complimented me. It felt great! My country twang came out strong singing Our God though, haha!
We played soccer with the local men from the village. It was awesome to sit on hill watching the game, look up, & see the ocean. It was a view I'll never forget.
One of the best things in the village! Costa Rican coffee!
The view was amazing walking back down the mountain! I look like a true hiker here.
The team! Will, Kaitlyn, Jenna, Hannah P., Jake, Megan, Robby, Andrew, Andy, me, Hannah M., Katie, Warener, & Edwin!
Adios, Costa Rica! You forever changed us!



















I cried seeing y'all wash their feet. Such a beautiful gesture. I'm so blessed to know you and you have you in my life, Angie. You're such a godly leader.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great blog!